Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Bird, the Oak and the Summer Forest

The cuckoo bird fabric envelope has been completed.


As I mentioned before, it takes me quite some time to decide on the fabric for the lining. This time I stopped on two choices - sky blue flowers with a hint of gold and brick red with white and orange flowers. Both fabrics look nice in combination with the bird embroidery but the blue one made me feel sad and melancholic for some reason.



The red one on the other hand had an opposite effect, it made me think of warm summer days and walks through forests in search of wild berries and flowers. So I decided to go with the red flowery fabric and I am quite happy with the result.


The envelope is big enough to fit a couple of books or maybe a notebook or a sketchbook and some pencils.


No comments:

Post a Comment