Sunday 12 May 2013

Work in Progress: Mini Quilt

Just a little sneak peek at what is on my work table at the moment. Two more birds from Funky Birds series are being used for this fun project - a mini quilt wall hanging.


Never before I used a printed fabric (white print on white) as a base for my stitching and I have to say that I like the look of it. This is going to be my first ever quilt so I am a bit nervous and excited at the same time about the whole process and the binding in particular. I am not using any tutorials, just creating/designing the stitching pattern and the quilt pattern as I go. It takes a bit more time because I have to stop and try out some new details that come to my mind but it gives me a lot of joy and satisfaction as well. Hopefully, I find enough time to finish the quilt in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment