Saturday 5 October 2013

My ATCs Gallery

Welcome to my tiny Artist Trading Cards gallery. Well, kind of. I am happy happy happy! I finished all the cards and even chose the one I am going to send to my swap partner but I am not going to tell you which one it is, I will keep it a secret for now. The card is going to be send away during the first week of November. It's a long wait but such are the rules of this swap.


It was my first swap and it really was a lot of fun and a lot of new experiences and emotions. Seeing the works of all the talented crafters really inspired me and taught me something new.

This card was the first one to be completed. I call it simply Autumn. It makes me think of a fragment of a poem Autumn written by A. Pushkin in 1833 and translated by Avrahm Yarmolinsky.

"Oh, mournful season that delights the eyes,
Your farewell beauty captivates my spirit.
I love the pomp of Nature's fading dyes,
The forests, garmented in gold and purple,
The rush of noisy wind, and the pale skies
Half-hidden by the clouds in darkling billows,
And the rare sun-ray and the early frost,
And threats of grizzled Winter, heard and lost."


This was the second card to finish. It literally took me about two hours to complete. It was done in one breath. Love the red and yellow colours, they make me think of apple trees in autumn. So I am going to call it... Colours of Autumn.


Lovely Acorns was the third one. The design of the acorns is different from the one I made previously. I aimed for a little bit of a country feel and tried making it look like a tiny quilt. Binding was a bit tricky to finish due to card's small size.


This one I call Russian Birch. I love birch trees, there is something magical about its white with black bark and bright yellow leaves in autumn. 


I know, I know. I got a bit carried away and instead of one card I made four. But the extra cards might come in useful because the Swap has Angels, just in case some of the participants cannot finish their cards for various reasons. An Angel can be asked to send one to make sure that no one is left without a card. It's rather sweet I think.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Larisa, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Your work here and on flickr is just amazing! I especially love these autumn cards and the poem :)
    What a lovely idea with the Angels in the swap.
    Best wishes, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larisa. My ATC arrived half an hour ago, beautifully packaged. Thank you so much - it is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete