Sunday 19 January 2014

Wildflowers. Amazingly Beautiful

Wildflowers. So tiny, delicate and pretty, they grow in vast meadows and pop out among rocks and country roads. They are the first ones to come out in spring to bring us the reminder of the coming summer and they are the last ones to go in autumn. I love them so much. So simple and yet amazingly beautiful.



The embroidery based on the sketch bellow is finally finished. A very simple combination of forget-me-nots, wild violets, buttercups, daisies and some other pretties. The size of the ring is only 9cm by 9cm and the size of the base fabric is about 30cm by 30cm. I like small designs, I always think the smaller the design the faster I would finish it and usually I am right. But not this time.



The tiny leaves and petals needed a way more attention than I anticipated. It took a few attempts to work out the count of threads needed for stems and flowers. I am really happy with this joyful, delicate and airy design but there is a tiny problem here.



The problem is that I was going to make a fabric cover for a top of a glass jar with this little ring on it. That was my momentarily inspiration, an idea, a vision for the sketch I did. But after the embroidery was completed, I changed my mind. Why?



Because the embroidered ring is a bit too large for the top of the jar. Plus the embroidery turned out to be much more prettier and complicated than I expected and to keep it on top of a jar doesn't seem like a good idea any more. So what do I do? What can I use this embroidery for? Right now I have no idea. I put it in this small frame for the time being, while I do some thinking. I might simply leave it like that. Do you see anything it can be used for?

6 comments:

  1. How pretty they look in your embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think something so lovely deserves to be framed! It should go somewhere it can be appreciated close up:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It might stay in my crafting nook for a while, just next to me. :-)

      Delete
  3. i think it is perfect in the frame!!! beautiful stitches!!! i don't think i have seen embroidery and cross stitch combine but i think a cross stitched word like home or love would be cute in the center :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you said that. I haven't seen embroidery and cross stitch combined together but I thought about that for a different small project I am working on at the moment. I think it's an interesting idea to try out. Thank you Gina!

      Delete