Friday 11 April 2014

Treats For Friends and Pretty Bags

It's that time of the year again when we all overload ourselves and our loved ones on chocolates. Bunnies, chicks, baby lambs, eggs of all sorts, sizes and colours. Simply scrumptious! Easter treats are special, they come in beautiful pastel wrapping paper and bags, and even eggs are coated in soft, delicate colours. Don't forget about freshly baked delicious hot cross buns. Yum! So, yesterday I was packing some treats for friends, I was putting them in paper gift bags that I bought thinking that it would be too much for my poor hand to sew any gifts that I planned... mug rugs, apples, bunting. Well, half way through I stopped packing and went to my sewing nook, pulled some lovely pinkish pastel fabrics of the shelves and started sewing. That's just me.


I couldn't help myself, even though I couldn't keep up with my Easter plans, still I managed to make tiny bags for treats instead of the store bought paper ones. So simple! A bit of linen, pretty cottons, lace and coloured twine. Oh, and a few stamps that I made a while ago using Amy's tutorial. I knew they would come handy one day. I think they are just perfect for these little sacks.




Remember this baby chicks print that I bought last year? I thought I would make mug rugs for Easter with this cotton. It was an idea that turned out a bit differently. But I am happy with the result. I just love seeing where the fabric I buy ends up. It's like a little secret adventure.


Have you tried M&M speckled eggs? No? You really should, they are yum yum.


Are you making any special crafts for Easter? Are you getting ready for the Easter Egg Hunt? This weekend is going to be busy for me and my not so Little Son. We are going to set up an Easter Tree. That's a tradition that we started a few years ago and I am so looking forward to sharing our Happy Easter Tree with you soon. Have a lovely weekend! xo

4 comments:

  1. Your friends are going to love their little bags. As much as the treat inside!!! They are beautiful and so cheerful! They are the perfect back drop for your stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gina! I hope so. :-) Glad that finally I got a chance to use a few stamps.

      Delete
  2. Your stitching is so delicate and pretty - ideal for the lovely bags you have made, Larisa.

    ReplyDelete