Sunday 16 November 2014

Christmas Gift Tags

Christmas is really just around the corner. It's hard to believe but the year is almost over and the last two months always fly by with an incredible speed. So I thought I better get started working not only on gifts but on some decorations as well. Today's project is - gift tags. I love making them!


I used heavy weight linen again and left the edges raw. A few simple decorations of lace, sequence, ribbons and a bit of free time, that's all what I needed for this little play on a Saturday morning.


Cute Little Mittens. My favourite. They are so tiny, the size of a thimble really and they are double sided too. Perfect for a little Mouse. They are the smallest felt mittens I have ever made.


The Christmas Sock is made of cotton and a tiny bit of sequence fabric for the cuff. I stuffed the sock with some soft fill to give it a bit of body.


For the Poinsettia flower I used the same template that Dina at Bossy Mamma provided for her Napkin Rings Tutorial. Luckily I had one tiny piece of green felt left in my stash. I resized the template and didn't cut out the middles, instead I used some of the sequence for the middle of the flower to hold all three layers together. The white flower underneath is cut out from a piece of lace.


If it wasn't for lunch time, I would've spent all day just playing around making these tags. They are so addictive! Happy creative addictions! Larisa xox

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags Larisa! They would be pretty hung on the Christmas tree as ornaments too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gina! Oh, I like that idea! Maybe even some on door handles as well. I should make more of these! :-)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea, using a smaller version of the napkin rings template for the poinsettia! Another lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Dina! I absolutely enjoyed making the napkin rings following your tutorial. Love the blogging world! :-)

      Delete