Robins. Cute little fluff balls! This time around I simply drew the design on graph paper and then tried working out the details while stitching. It took three attempts for the pattern to look the way I wanted it to be and now I am quite happy with the result. I decided not to scrap the first attempts but to keep them as well.
You can see that the bottom robin is a bit squarish and the wing is kind of missing. On the top one I didn't like the shape of the wing and the third one (the one in the middle) turned out just right. Sounds a bit like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Heehee... For the bottom set I didn't use any wadding, only light interfacing and it's quite thin, but still I like the feel of it and the slim look too. I also used a different shade of German Zweigart Cashel Linen for that set.
The coasters are going to be Christmas presents. Some of them are packed in sets of two and some in sets of four, some are going to be mixed together with the rowan berries coasters that I finished earlier.