Thursday 21 January 2016

Wonky House Pillow

At last! My Wonky House block has been turned into a pillow! I made this block exactly two years ago and all this time it has been patiently waiting for its turn to be used. And I am so very happy with what it has been made into.

A sweet little pillow for my Oh So Little One. I am sure being a boy and a baby wouldn't make him mind all these pink flowers. You can't have a garden without pretty petals, right? When I made this block, it was just a test run to see how the paper piecing pattern would work, I had no plans for it in mind. But I really liked the way the block looked and the only thing I kept coming back to was a pillow. I used small scraps of fabric, just like the one for the sky around the roof of the house. But now I could not find any similar cotton and I did not really want to buy any more fabric, instead I used light blue cotton.


The back of the pillow has an envelope closure and a tiny label with a button. I decided to stay away from any prints for the back of the pillow. I felt that with such busy front and bright binding any print on the back would be too much, so I chose solid Morning Dew cotton that I really like.


I am planning to make a few more Wonky House blocks, but with different seasons. That's the plan... in my head and in some sketches... Let's see what the time and my Little One permit me to make. Have a wonderful weekend! Larisa xox


2 comments:

  1. What a cute cushion for your Little One! As usual, your attention to detail is a beauty to behold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, thank you for your kind words! There is still so much to learn for me.

      Delete