Monday 2 May 2016

The Splendid Sampler: Blocks No.13 - No.15

Block No.13 "Scrap Star" by Corey Yoder. I really enjoyed working on this block. I surprised myself once I measured the finished block (after sewing together all these tiny pieces) - it was the correct size. Yay! It seems like I am learning something along the way. It makes me happy!


Block No.14 "Flying High" by Janet Clare. It's a very simple, but quite effective block. When it was made public, I knew exactly what background fabric I would use from my stash. I could not decide between the dark and light fabrics for the birds though. But finally I settled on the light fabric to represent white seagulls on a rainy day. Love it!


Block No.15 "Pieces of Friendship" by Lindsay Mayland. While working on this block, I kept thinking "If only all blocks were that quick and easy to put together..." It's a beautiful block that is sure going to find a place in my future work. Sweet!


These are all the blocks that I have managed to sew by now. I have seven more to sew and I am planning to do it next week. Let's see what happens to this plan of mine. Have a great day and keep on sewing! Larisa xox

2 comments:

  1. Another lovely selection of beautifully made blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so kind, Dina! Thank you! I hope you are well and keep busy crafting. :-)

      Delete